Vilella’s Reagent, 250 mL
Vilella’s Reagent (AKA Villela’s etch) is a popular etchant for etching heat-treated steels, martensitic stainless steels and tool steels. This etchant is listed in ASTM standard E 407 as formula number 80 “Vilella’s”.
- Immerse or swab the sample for a few seconds to a minute or more.
- This product will stain skin and clothing. When rinsing the sample after etching, it is advisable to rinse in water to remove the bulk of the etchant, and then immerse the sample in a beaker of alcohol, followed by ﬂushing the surface with alcohol from a squeeze bottle.
- Reveal the ferrite-carbide structure (tempered martensite).
- Etch martensitic stainless steels, tool steels, or steel with a tempered martensite microstructure.
- Outline and enhance constituents in stainless steels: delta ferrite, sigma phase, and carbides.
Nalgene® Leakproof Bottle, HDPE.
California Proposition 65 WARNING: This product contains methanol which is known to the State of California to cause reproductive harm.
|Dimensions||4.4 × 2.7 × 6.5 in|
You may also like…
Now serving US & Canada.
All prices are in $USD.
Overnight and UPS collect available.
Commercial shipping address required.