2% Nital Etch is a metallographic etchant for micro-etching mild steel, carbon steel, low alloy steel, cast iron, and tool steel. It provides an optimum etching rate and is safe to store. This formula is listed in ASTM E 407 as formula number 74 “Nital”. Made with ACS reagent grade chemicals.
Immerse or swab the polished surface few seconds to a minute. Keep the lid tightly closed after each use to avoid alcohol evaporation.
- Darken martensite.
- Attack ferrite and outlines ferrite boundaries.
- Will not attack austenite or carbides.
- Enhance the carbide/matrix interfaces.
- Show grain size, grain flow, and alloy segregation banding.
- Reveal hardened case, white layer, and decarburization layer.
Nalgene® Leakproof Bottle, HDPE.
California Proposition 65 WARNING: This product contains methanol which is known to the State of California to cause reproductive harm.
|Dimensions||4.4 × 3.5 × 6.5 in|
Now serving US & Canada.
All prices are in $USD.
Overnight and UPS collect available.
Commercial shipping address required.